Thursday, November 19, 2009

our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up

i want to

live in a log cabin in the woods
and wear flannel
chop my own firewood
eat food out of cans
walk to rivers to get water
feed birds sunflower seeds
take pictures of chipmunks
swing in a hammock between two 40ft tall trees
listen to the wind rustle through a forest
fish for rainbow trout on a dock while the sun sets
give up showers for sponge baths and dump water on my head to wash my hair
skip rocks in a lake
fall asleep with someone in a sleeping bag
walk on trails, singing to myself to ease my fear of wild animals
canoe to drop offs and jump out
taste the salt water of the ocean on my lips
feel the sun on the skin of my back
be on a ferry to vancouver island at 8 in the morning
stand on a pier with the wind violently blowing my hair around
kick the waves back into the sea, yelling "WE DON'T WANT ANY!"
watch a sunset on the west coast
curl up in blankets in a place i've never been before
write happy messages on random sidewalks with chalk

i miss summer and it isn't even winter yet.

No comments: