Sunday, January 11, 2009

but i know you mean "if you feel like dancing, dance with me"

for the time being, i will be danceless.
but that's ok. end of an era.
we had a great run and a good send off. well, if we ignore the violence, the idiots and the fatigue.
i loved it. i love you guys.
and i love this dumb feeling i get. the stupid smile. the girly thrill in the v of my ribs.
but i don't like the rush of skepticism i get afterwards.

i should have done it. i mulligan'd it in my dreams though. and it was amazing and everything i wanted it to be. then there was a high 5 which made it even more awesome.

it was nice. and i love my friends. we're good people.

and the man in the middle seat recites his timetables audibly... but i know he means "if you feel like dancing..... dance with me"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you just quoted one of my favorite, absolutely heart-rending songs twice in one blog post.

I really have no follow up. I just wanted to acknowledge it.

sarah frances said...

:) how great is that song?
it makes me feel light and airy yet breaks my heart at the same time.