Wednesday, January 30, 2008

We'll never sleep, but God knows we'll try.

The more I continue on with this lack of sleep routine, the more I realize how brilliant I am at 2 in the morning.

It's been bitterly cold outside and for the most part I was incredibly afraid of that. However, after leaving the house for the first time in 36 hours this morning, I started to understand the romanticism behind this frosty, chilly week. The air is so clear, not in a fresh way, but in the way where everything in it freezes and falls to the ground so you have this unobstructed view of the world. Something to wake your lungs up with.

If you dress appropriately for the weather, it's never as bad as it looks. I felt like I was being held all day under the layers of scarves, hats, mittens and socks. For the first time in a while I felt safer. Maybe due to the fact that if you knocked me over, it wouldn't hurt due to the insulation... but it was safer. Don't get me wrong, this is a nice change from my typical hatred of the winter months but I still long for summer. Something about hot nights and farmers tans always makes me feel better.

I need to find another nervous habit to occupy my time with. Biting lips, fingertips and nails will only aid to my decomposition as a human being over time. Maybe it's time to start doodling again.

No comments: