Saturday, October 13, 2007

I finally love something I can keep.

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, about the state of my life and my interests and how I spend my time. With my dedication to catching up in life actually getting me somewhere lately, I've been feeling a lot better and enjoying things a lot more.

I had an 8 hour rehearsal yesterday which was pretty damn awesome. I think the scene is going to look really cool when it all comes together. I spent 12 hours at school and spent those whole 12 hours doing theatre related work. I hurt so much today from moving and crawling and running around and dancing and it is the kind of hurt that makes you glad you love something so much, you are willing to throw caution to the wind for the sake of the group. My 257 prof called me a strong actor yesterday. My 259 prof makes me feel like he sees dedication inside of me and it's his job to be tough to get that to come out. I suddenly feel a lot of confidence in my craft, I want to be successful in this program.

I've also been more dedicated to reading textbooks. I've almost finished all my readings for the week in Film Studies and I'm actually doing readings in Women's Studies. It's kind of cool being responsible instead of wasting time on the computer or watching tv. It's like my busy lifestyle is forcing me to just do something because if I don't right now, who knows when I'll have another chance.

I'm also spending some time with Steve tomorrow for a movie before my all night study-a-thon.

AND, I wrote songs in drama yesterday, so I'm getting some new strings because my old ones are falling apart and dusty and sound like dying kittens. Life is good. I am good. I am great.

And I'm not even lying about it this time.

No comments: