Thursday, September 20, 2007

What are you doing?

I've been sitting in Rutherford North for approximately an hour and a half.

In this timespan, I have spent roughly 5 minutes drinking coffee, 25 minutes talking to a friend on msn, 3 minutes fumbling with my ipod, 2 minutes thinking about how that much coffee was a bad idea, 40 minutes fidgeting/playing with photoshop and 1 minute thinking about how I have an audition in 28 minutes.

Sometimes I wonder about my attention span, or lack thereof.

Truth be told, today has been better than planned. I got to school early enough to grab some OJ, had a decent class in which Amanda and I most probably offended everyone in Women's Studies (more on that when I actually formulate a pseudo-intelligent opinion), watched scenes from Clockwork Orange in Film Studies and I discovered that the guy I have a little crush on has a name that I have always loved.

The time since class ended, however, has been entirely unproductive. I could have been researching my drama assignment. I could have been reading Chapter 3 in my WST text book, I COULD have been practicing a cold read for my audition. But no.

I'm sitting in Rutherford North, surrounded by students, text books, research papers... and what am I doing? Photoshoping a picture to make it look like Ben Gibbard and myself are lovers.

Sometimes I can't believe I'm in University.

No comments: